Every year children are injured or killed across the U.S. by heat exposure on days of mild to extreme temperatures when accidentally forgotten and left behind in cars.
Contrary to popular belief, responsible parents and caregivers (professionals and people from all walks of life) are the ones most likely to make this tragic mistake!
Why? The reasons are many:
- The requirement that children be secured in child safety seats in back, out of the line of sight;
- The increased time people spend in their cars, driving kids around; and
- The busy and distraction-filled lives we live today.
All of these situations form a recipe for human forgetfulness that increases risk to both the child and the parent /caregiver. SBT Safety Systems™ created the MyCue™ Streamer as a type of single-item checklist to increase drivers’ awareness of a child passenger seated behind them.
MyCue™ Product Features:
- Applies proven safety method used by pilots whenever a child passenger is seated in back.
- Does not interfere with child safety seat operation or any other safety devices in the vehicle.
- Uses no electronics or batteries which can raise cost and which can fail at the worst possible time.
- Ready to be used immediately in all cars (new or used) that transport children.
- Easy to install, easy to use and expandable for multiple driver/caregiver use.
- Keeps responsibility with the parent/caregiver.
- Expandable for use with multiple family caregivers.